4.5.07

Arg...! Calculator madness

Gee... now I missed my old calculator. Thinking that a Casio scientific calculator can calculate just like the Sharp scientific calculator [since they are after all, scientific calculators], used to be my original opinion, but now...
For some reason, I had to replace my Sharp calculator since I've sort of lost it... [while doing homework in school]

Imagine, having input something that looks structurally correct on the calculator, but both calculators end up getting different answers!

Example:
1/288*2/3^(5)

On my Casio calculator, the output was 1/34992 [wrong].
On my sister's Sharp calculator, the output was 1/2187 [correct].

Sharp Vs. Casio

However, if I input:
(1/288)*(2/3)^(5)
into my Casio calculator, it outputs the correct answer [that is, 1/2187].
However, it wastes time, something of an absence in tests...

Hmm, that would be extremely disadvantageous during the exam.

No comments: